Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why are you attending the Love Rally?

We are confident tonight's Love Rally is going to be a success! We asked people why they are attending tonight's Love Rally and pasted several of the responses below, hopefully this will inspire you to attend too;

"I'm attending the love Rally because I know that for more than 95% of Gays and Lesbians their sexual orientation is not a choice. My son and nephew are both Gay and I knew that it was a possibility since way before they had any idea what sex or sexuality are. They had no more choice about their sexual orientation than I had , yet they are constantly "crucified" for being who they are, as are so many Gays and Lesbians. We have been taught to love our neighbors as ourselves. What is so hard about that?"

"I will most absolutely be there in spirit sending love and good karma. Also sending more than just love but strong will and determination through good energy. EVERYONE deserves the right to love and be loved!"

"I am attending because the only way to beat hate is through love. I am going because I believe in God and Jesus and nothing in what I was ever taught tells me to hate someone because of who they love. I am going because acceptance is WWJD!"

"I have no hope that we can change the mind of the "Pastor Brown hoard", but I believe that we can demonstrate that God's Love does not include bigotry and exclusion. Life is about making this world into God's Kingdom by eliminating hatred and abuse."

"I am attending because I want my children to understand human rights,and that includes the right to love the human being of your choice. As Latinos, a few decades ago, my children would not have the opportunities they have. Now imagine if they were not even allowed to marry the person they choose to love or to even care for their beloved when he/she is sick or when you die just because someone thinks you do not have the right to love that human being."

Event Info:

For the rally, everyone is encouraged to bring a sign that illustrates love (e.g. "Everyone Deserves Love & Health Benefits", "God Loves All His Children") to show Pastor Tom Brown and his followers that El Paso stands for equal rights and against harmful discrimination.

The first 25 people to arrive at the Love Rally get a free meal from the Tacoholics Taco Truck compliments of Law Office of Lyda Ness-Garcia PC.

When: Tuesday, November 30 · 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Where: Word of Life Church, 11675 Pratt Ave., El Paso, TX 79936

No comments:

Post a Comment