Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blogs: Hadley Paul Garland's World View

This is a locally produced blog by Hadley Paul Garland who provides an interesting take on the world. He's written about his microwave crapping out and dirty politicians. Follow his blog at http://hpgarland.blogspot.com/. Bio: Like the Supreme Court justice Sandra Day O'Connor, I went to Austin High in El Paso, Texas. I moved to California right after high school. Graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso in 1971 with honors. Worked on a master's degree, then to avoid going to Vietnam I joined the U.S. Army to be at 3rd Armored Div HQ in Frankfurt, Germany. I was there for almost 3 years. Bicycled and backpacked a lot in the Swiss Alps. Had some good times, saw some of the world, and grew up a little. I went to law school at U.T. Austin for a while, raised a family, got elected to a minor political position in El Paso, had 3 great wives, owned a Corvette then later a Prius, became a scuba diver, got my private pilot's license including multi-engine and instrument ratings, and lived in the Cajun country of Louisiana for a few years. For 15 years I was the general manager for a food procesing company in Europe. I really enjoyed living in Europe. I'm now retired, and to quote from Martin Luther King, I'm finally "free at last, free at last." I've moved out to the wonderful high desert in the Southwestern city of El Paso, Texas USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment