Thursday, January 21, 2010

1.21.10: Today’s Guest

Jan Wolfe, director of “Out of the Closet and Into the Fire,” will be the guest on "The Lisa D Show" today from 1 - 2 p.m. on KHRO 1150 AM. Tune in or stream the show from www.talkradio1150.com. Call the show @ 915.880.4376.

This Saturday, at 8 p.m. enjoy an evening of gay monologues. "Out of the Closet and Into the Fire" is based on real people and tells their comedic, heartfelt and painful coming-out stories. A Framed Wolfe Production, "Out of the Closet and Into the Fire" is produced, written, compiled and edited by Jan H. Wolfe. It is directed by David Villanueva, and hosted by Ardovino’s Desert Crossing. Tickets for this event are $13 in advance an $15 at the door. Dinner and cocktails will be available from 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. For more information and tickets, call 575.589.0653.

Jan’s bio: I have been in theatre since I was 12 years old. My degree is in Theatre Arts from UCLA Theatre Dept. I have taught theatre to children for 40 years, at the El Paso Playhouse, and two children's theatres: I started, Studio Theatre Workshop and my husband, Chet Frame, and Yvonne Carranza and I founded Kid-N-Co. over 20 years ago. Chet and I have had a children's play published. I also teach at various schools. My husband and I have directed and acted in plays at the El Paso Playhouse for 23 years, and also other theatres in town. I guess I have directed over 100 plays of all sorts. I founded Die Laughing with he Playhouse 6 years ago and I write and direct all the shows, which are seen monthly at Il Posto Ristorante. I started Framed Wolfe Productions after I retired from New York Life. I wrote, with the collaboration of David Villanueva, the play "Out of the Closet and Into the Fire this year. I am currently producing my husband's show, “I'm Not Rappaport,” at the EPPH, directing "Love Letters" for the Adobe Horseshoe Theatre, and have a Die Laughing this month.

***

If you're interested in being a guest on "The Lisa D Show" send an email to thelisadshow@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment